You are hereForums /

luv2ride's picture

Club DH Champs & Rocky Trail state points round 2

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

This Sunday our club event Doubled as our Club Champs & a club round with results going towards Rocky trail round 2 State points.

The weather gave us a mixed bag, Saturday well was Perfect, yes Perfect.. Hero dirt :)smiles for mile
Sunday morning was looking like the rain may miss us & Monkey was running sweet, but Mother Nature was giving us little hints as was what might come.

Steven P's picture

XC Round 4 Awaba - Club Champs

Well I feel sorry for all the people who thought the weather was too bad for racing at Awaba. The weather was pretty bad in Newcastle all morning, but the sun was out and the track was dry, fast and fun at Awaba. One small shower of rain at the end wasn't even enough to dampen your T-shirt.

Posted here are the results of today's race, which also includes some non-club members who we welcome to all our races.

Edit 19/6/17:
The list of XC Club Champions is now attached. Congratulations to all our competitors.

luv2ride's picture

May 2017 Club Downhill Results

The Rain Held off... The snags where cooking... Happy Birthday 11th William, what a way to spend your Birthday, best riding crew every, Monkey was prime.
Congrates Joel Willis 3:40.834 setting the fast for the day.
As always a very big thank you to everyone that helped made today Awesome day.
xxx Thank you

Next Club Round 18th June with Rocky Trail States points.

Steven P's picture

XC Round 3 Awaba May 21

A Beautiful day for a ride at Awaba!

Thanks to all the helpers that made it possible especially Jason who did the computer timing and the St John ladies who recorded the rider numbers as they came through.

Also, big thanks to all the helpers who worked on the track to allow us to use the tunnel track in two directions.

It was nice to see a number of new faces, especially the young guys who did so well in D grade.

Don't forget to get your jersey or bib-knick order in - it closes Friday 26th May. Go to https://www.looneyparrot.com/product-category/hmbc/

Steven P's picture

XC Round 2 Awaba April 23 Results

Results attached from todays race.

Lots of fun on an awesome track. The new bits were a lot of fun and got a lot of good comments from a lot of people.

If you have any issues with the results, send me an email at hmbaxc@gmail.com

Steven P's picture

XC 3 hour Awaba April 9 - Results

The three hour race was run and won today at Awaba. A good track was set for the event, with close to 10km of excellent dry single track, a little bit of fire road with a few large puddles to negotiate and some new bits to link it all up. Thanks again to Dean for setting the track.

Big thanks also to Andrew and the rest of the people who helped out with the timekeeping.

Somebody left a pair of Blue Nike shoes in the carpark (fairly small size). If these are yours, drop me an email (hmbaxc@gmail.com) and I'll try to get them to you.

Steven P's picture

2017 HMBA XC February Mid-Week Series

Great to see so many riders turn up for the first of the three mid-week races being held in February at Killingworth.

Big thanks to Matt and Caitlin for doing the race registrations and timekeeping.

Second race is done an dusted. Another good turnout and an enjoyable race. Thanks to Thomas and Bronwyn for doing the timekeeping.

Steven P's picture

2017 XC Round 1 - Awaba

Good turn out for race 1 at Awaba today Results are attached.

Send me an email to hmbaxc@gmail.com if you find any problems with the results.

29/1/17 - Updated results have now been attached. One error corrected in C grade men.

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Pointscore 2016

The XC Pointscore for 2016 is now attached.

If you have any issues or questions, drop me an email at hmbaxc@gmail.com

Prizes for pointscore winners will be handed out at the AGM early in 2017. Prizes will only be awarded to club members, and to riders who have completed a minimum of 4 races.

luv2ride's picture

Downhill Club Round Nov Results

Monkey was Dry, dusty, windy, threats of fire with some over night burning logs still smoldering, but all was under control Fireman Pat and the RFS had it sorted.
Big thank you to Rick K for driving the bus all day, Craig M for helping me in timing.
Fastest times
Pat Butler 3:44.29 Ricky Boyer 3:57.18 Regan Arthur 4:03.26
Best Black Snake hop goes to Luke I believe
Great to see you all out there today well done.
Healing Vibs Clint hope all results are good

Steven P's picture

XC Race Results - 6th November Brunkerville

It's always great to ride and race at a new track. This new track at Brunkerville was no exception. A big thanks goes out to Gary and the crew of trail builders who have carved out this wonderful piece of trail.

Results from today's race are attached.

Pointscore for 2016 will be here soon.

Steven P's picture

XC Race Results - 16th October - Awaba round 7

Results for todays XC race at Awaba are attached.

Steven P's picture

XC Race Results - 25th September - Awaba round 6

Sorry for the delay in getting these posted - results are now posted for Race 6 held 25th September 2016.

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Dungog 3 Hour - Sept 2016

A beautiful sunny day greeted everyone to Dungog this morning. The trails are in good condition and a big thanks go to the team at Dungog for this.

Also, we'd like to give a big thanks to the team of people who stepped up and did the timekeeping for us. It's always good to see peopole offer up their time for the benefit of others.

Results are now attached. I have included an overall set of results as well, but bear in mind that there was a staggered start which is not included in the timing.

luv2ride's picture

Club Downhill August 14th Results

Todays club Downhill results.

Congrats Pat Bulter fastest today in the dry conditions, Josh Clarke just missing out, 0.672 sec back.
Pat Butler 3:44.206 HMBA
Josh Clarke 3:44.878 HMBA
Tyson Wise 4:10.384 HMBA

Thanks everyone that helped out today very much appreciated.

Steven P's picture

August 2016 Mid Week Series

Round 1 - 10/8/16 - 27 riders tonight enjoyed a great short track race at Awaba.
Many thanks to the volunteers who came out to look after the timekeeping for us.

Revised Results attached - the total time was a little off...

Round 2 - 17/8/16 - 34 Riders. Another beautiful warm evening and a great ride had by all. Results now attached.

Round 3 - 31/8/16 - 21 riders. The weather looked like it might threaten, but it turned out to be a beautiful night for a ride under the stars. Results now attached.

luv2ride's picture

July Club Downhill State points Results

Full track Monkey
club DH round, results go towards Rockytrail state series.
Awesome weekend, Thanks everyone!
To All the volunteers Big Thank you!
May I say Monkey at its Best, Prime track conditions and then came that one heavy shower just to keep things interesting… Challenging!
A huge Thanks to Rick Kehoe and all the Guys and Gals that put in the hard yards to get the bottom half of Monkey running Sweet. The HMBA Committee & Crew, the work on the tunnel and DH flyover, Huge Effort!

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Singleton 3 Hour

Results are now attached.

Big thanks to the Timekeepers. The race wouldn't be the same without them.

Category results and Overall results attached.

If you spot any issues with the results, drop me an email and I'll be happy to check them out. hmbaxc @ gmail . com (take out the spaces)

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Round 4 Awaba

Another beautiful day to ride at Awaba. A good turnout enjoyed a great track.

luv2ride's picture

HMBA Club DH April Results

Todays Club Downhill Results
Awesome day, thanks everyone Smiling

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Killingworth 3 hour

A very big thanks to all the people who helped put today's race on. Without their help, it just wouldn't happen.

Special mention to the following:
-Matt and Jarrod for helping me set the track, and doing a lap before the race started just to finalise the bunting.
-Matt for going out after the race and doing a lap to bring the bunting in.
-Caitlin for coming along for the sole purpose of helping out by doing the timekeeping.
-James for helping out with the timekeeping.
-Bronwyn for providing the first aid.
-Keith for organising and picking up and returning the toilet.

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Round 3 Singleton

REVISED RESULTS HAVE JUST BEEN POSTED - I HAD TO CORRECT AN ERROR IN D GRADE.

Round 3 results from Singleton attached.

Big Thanks to Matt and Caitlin for doing the race registrations and timekeeping.

Great to see a good roll up of riders - especially the large number of females.

If you have any questions or issues with the results, drop me an email at hmbaxc@gmail. com

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Round 2 Awaba 6/3/16

A smaller than usual group for today's XC race at Awaba - 39 riders in total. No doubt due to the many other events on this weekend. Nevertheless, thos who turned up enjoyed a fun 6km track which had a few technical climbs to test the skills and plenty of singletrack to enjoy.

Thanks again to Dallas and Paula for running the kids ride prior to the XC race. And thanks to the volunteers who set the track and ran the timekeeping.

XC race results are attached.

luv2ride's picture

Downhill Club Feb 14th Results

Sunday Club Downhill 14th Feb
Racing at Awaba Half Track “Monkey”
With last January round cancelled due to yes again rain, we found Sunday a taxing Hot and Sweaty 38, giving us dry, dusty, skatie track, but Monkey even at halftrack didn’t disappoint.
The track talk buzz “what was the fastest time over the top half”, “Aim for 2 or under 2min”
Searching old results back to 2011 found Jack Moir 2012 did a 2:09:42. Interesting when our fastest times over a full track is 3.37 to 3.40

Congates Class winners
A grade - Joshua Clark 2:13.46 fastest of the day after two runs

Steven P's picture

HMBA XC Round 1 Awaba Feb 14 2016

It was a warm day to start the season. Thanks to all who turned up and attended the AGM.

Big thanks to the time-keepers who came out just to do the timekeeping for us - Thanks.

Best Mountain Bike